Reading Women (2012 - 2013), Carrie Schneider
- Rena reading Zadie Smith, Megha reading Edith Wharton.
- Flávia reading Clarice Lispector, Bianca reading Sylvia Plath.
- Evan reading Anne Lamott, Aura reading Maarit Verronen.
- Sara reading Miranda July, Sheree reading Angela Carter.
- Hsiao-Jou reading Fang-Yi Sheu, Heather reading Chris Kraus.
- Cauleen reading Gwendolyn Brooks, Molly reading Roseanne Barr.
- Sarah reading Zora Neale Hurston, Vicky reading Gloria Fuertes.
- Alyssa reading Patti Smith, Yala reading Susan Sontag.
- Whitney reading Terry Tempest Williams, Naomi reading Adrian Piper.
- Kelly reading Gabrielle Hamilton, Amy reading Michelle Cliff.
"I remember my son once asked me, “Did you ever, like, kiss in high school?” And I told him this long drawn-out story of how shy I was, how I finally got a girlfriend but she broke up with me because I was too shy to try to kiss her, and then I had another girlfriend but still couldn’t figure out kissing. The technique was always a big obstacle in my head, like, How do you kiss? Where does your chin go? Forget about anything beyond kissing-first base was a total mystery to me. So I’m telling my son this long story, and he listens patiently until he finally realizes where I’m going with it, and he says, “Dad, no-did you like Kiss in high school? Kiss, the band!” And I was, “Oh yeah, Kiss…they were good.”"
Written by William Logan. We’ve been editing down my poems into a manuscript for months now. Edit, edit, edit, edit.
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young reunite for a stirring rendition of Iggy Azalea’s hit song, “Fancy.”
Hand grasping a beautiful young woman’s long, dark hair. c1910
"What’s your favorite thing about your mother?"
"She loves life more than anyone I’ve ever known. I hope she doesn’t mind me telling you this, but recently she’s had some health problems. And her health got so bad at one point, she called me and said: ‘I was starting to wonder if there was any reason to go on. But then I had the most delicious pear!’"